Community Hydrologic Prediction System (CHPS) Basic Configuration Training
- Facilitated by: Doug Streu
- Approximate course length: 4 hours
- Target Audience: CHPS Focal Points
- Prerequisite: Introduction to CHPS course, proficiency with Linux and XML
This course provides detailed instruction on the configuration of CHPS, the software associated with the Flood Early Warning System (FEWS).
Note: This course is best viewed in Internet Explorer.
This course is self-paced interactive computer-based training. It is part one of two CHPS modules on basic configuration. The second module, Display Configuration, and additional CHPS training materials are located at http://www.nwstc.noaa.gov/CHPS/.
Learning to configure CHPS requires hands on practice and exploration of the files. This course provides explanations, general instructions, and job sheets with specific examples. However, it is up to you to go to the CHPS directories and explore the files discussed in the course as often as needed.
Click "Continue" to view the course objectives or
Click here to login to the LMS to complete the course assessment.
Course Title: Community Hydrologic Prediction System (CHPS) Basic Configuration Training
By the end of the course, the CHPS Configuration Focal Point should be able to:
- Identify focal point roles and configuration management duties.
- List the steps in the configuration process.
- Configure input data.
- Configure modules.
- Configure workflows.
- Troubleshoot, report, and resolve CHPS configuration issues.